GRUVN's MUVN-16X (eXtended shape) is a high-performance, mid-weight pickleball paddle made for players who want some extra power to go along with optimal control, durability, and maximum spin. It features a premium T700 raw carbon fiber surface and an elongated shape and is approved by USA Pickleball (USAPA) for tournament play. The combination of this paddle’s raw surface and the thick 16mm core results in a strong, stable paddle with consistent and accurate shots and more control.
- Paddle Length: 16.5”/ 419.1mm
- Face Width: 7.375”/ 187.3mm
- Handle Length: 5.5”/ 14cm
- Grip Size Circumference: 4.125”/10.5cm
- Grip: 3D Perforated Cushion Grip
- Weight: Average weight of 8.0 oz (+ or - 0.25 oz)/0.5 lbs./227g
- Face/Paddle Surface: T700 Raw Carbon Fiber
- Paddle Shape: Elongated
- Core Material: Polypropylene Honeycomb
- Core Thickness:16mm/0.63”
- Honeycomb Cell Size:8mm/0.3”
- Edge Guard: White
- Spin Rate:1889RPM
- Swing Weight:117 (results by PB Studio)
- Twist Weight: 6.36
USAPA approved for sanctioned tournament play
New Features for the MUVN series
• Thermoformed sealed edges increase stability
• Unibody construction provides a more durable paddle
• Foam injected walls around the edges and down through the handle increases the sweet spot and adds control
The long paddle length of 16.5” extends players’ reach and the 5.5” handle length allows for powerful two-handed backhands. The rounded top of the paddle face and the slightly smaller surface width of 7.375” gives players an aerodynamic feel and great hand speed, and the weight of ~8.0 ounces provides stability and balance for all aspects of the game, including plays at the net and returning hard shots.
The MUVN-16X has a 16mm thick polypropylene honeycomb core designed to evenly react to the force of impact and provide precision control, while also absorbing vibration and noise. Polypropylene is the most popular core among pickleball players.
The 3D perforated cushion grip is made of double-layer two-color hand grips. The inner layer is made of sweat-absorbing sponge and the outer layer is made of PU material and uses big air hole design. The grip is very comfortable and the anti-slip and sweat-absorbing effect is of the highest quality.
This paddle has a white edge guard and also comes with a zippered neoprene cover with the GRÜVN logo to protect the pickleball paddle when not in play ($15 value!).
What is the difference in how the MUVN and RAW paddles play?
The biggest difference is that the MUVN paddles have a lot more pop. If you are a player looking for extra power, then the MUVN paddles are for you. It can be difficult for some players to switch to a thermoformed paddle because of the extra power they provide. If you prefer more control, then the RAW paddles would be better for you. Both provide great spin :)